30 January 2008

Global.asax is big!

You know, this Global.asax is pretty important file. You would not believe how my Flex-.NetWebservice application reacted when I decided to deleted it from test site.

It works until exception happens. And then exception corrupted and Flash Player shows crazy Stream IO error

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties. at Forms.Login::LoginPanel/onWebServiceFailure() at Forms.Login::LoginPanel/___Operation1_fault() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent() at mx.rpc::AbstractOperation/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent() at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler() at mx.rpc::Responder/fault() at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault() at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction() at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent() at flash.net::URLLoader/redirectEvent()

When this happens after I recetly installed Flex3 Beta3 - of cause I blame it.
There is plenty reports of such error when you install HotFix2 or HotFix3. Which I didn't installed, but I understand I got it with Flex3 Beta3. It also says that you need to install HotFix3 only after installed HotFix2. Which I believed installer of Flex3 Beta3 would not do. I rolled back to Backup folder and tryed, than installed HotFix2 and HotFix3 - and tried. It didn't helped.

Result: I purged all versions of Flex. I installed Flex2, covered with 2.0.1. And it doesn't help.


Solution: Copy Global.asax to test site. It works like a sharm.
Bug: stupid me

No comments: